Dr. Williams’ Bio

Dr. Seth Williams, Sr., is a native of Los Angeles, CA.  He was called in the ministry to teach God’s Word on November 28, 1977.  On December 2, 1978 he was ordained by his father the late Pastor Frank Williams.

Dr. Williams is a visionary, a compassionate leader who is committed to God’s principles.  He is a man of faith and strongly believes that we must be led by the discernment of the Holy Spirit in order to operate in the gifts that God has provided for us.  The more we seek Christ we become fulfilled and able to manifest our faith and love of God to the believers and non-believers.  His favorite scripture, “I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me” (Philippians 4:13).

He is an accomplished organist/pianist; he sings and truly enjoys giving God the highest praise of worship.

He is a family man, and has been married to his loving and devoted wife Jannette, for thirty-four (34) years.  They have eight (8) children; six sons (6) and two (2) daughters and are the proud grandparents of grandsons and granddaughters.

First Lady: Lady Jannette is passionate and committed to Jesus Christ and His cause. Jannette began her walk with the Lord in 1977. Her personal life experiences have inspired her to work in whatever area is needed in the church. Her primary focus and interest is for people to live a whole-hearted life and be committed to Christ.

She strongly believes that everyone matters deeply to God. Her desire is to reach out and embrace individuals with love, showing compassion, giving encouragement to those who simply need someone to listen and pray with.

Lady Jannette has served in many ministries as Youth Director, Usher President, Sunday School Teacher, Announcement Clerk and Mission President.

Her true passion and call to ministry is working with youth from broken homes. She always says, “You never know what some of the children have been through, all they want is to know somebody loves them.” Lady Jannette’s other passion are the seniors. Just hearing a laugh or seeing a smile gives her joy.

Her favorite scripture is: Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy way acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path.”

Lady Jannette has been married for over 30 years, and enjoys spending time with her husband and children.

Her favorite hobbies are crafts, gardening and spending time with her grandchildren.

Church History: Union Missionary Baptist Church History

The Union Missionary Baptist Church was organized on January 3, 1945, by Rev Samuel Brown.  He and a few members held services in a Mexican Mission.  From there the membership moved to the home of Sister Elizabeth McKinney.  Reverend Brown erected a tent on donated property and services were held there until adverse weather destroyed the tent. The members were forced  to go back to the home of Sister McKinney for services.  The church was strengthened through prayer and donations from the assistant churches and Christian friends.  Church grounds were dedicated on June 6, 1945, building started September 9, 1945 and on May 7, 1946, Reverend Brown and his congregation marched into the church.  Later, a new building was completed August 20, 1947.
Over a 20 year span past parishioners made major contributions to Union by bringing souls to Christ through teaching the Word of God, placing emphasis on Christian values, planning, organizing and working for the up-building of God’s Kingdom.

A new church was eventually built at the current location, 1360 Riverside Drive under the leadership of Rev. Mack Johnson.  The support and contributions of these Pastors will always hold a special place in the hearts of the members of Union Missionary Baptist Church.  The next 20-30 years, under the leadership of Rev. Wayman Brown, Sr. gave way to a number of newly formed ministries such as Mission Circle and Laymen’s movement, the Junior Laymen for boys nine to seventeen and the Red Circle for girls ages nine to seventeen, the Woman’s Fellowship, and the Woman of the Word Mission Circle.  Church improvements  projects included walls and fencing around the church parking area and wall paneling.  Meals for senior citizens, summer youth programs, tutoring assistance, and medical clinics were just a few of the implemented programs.
Since its humble beginnings, Union has metamorphosed into a church with a full sanctuary hosting a pastor study, classrooms and a full adjacent meeting/dinning hall.
On September 9, 2001 Rev. Walter C. McClendon was called to pastor Union Missionary Baptist Church congregation until his passing December 8, 2006.  This left Union without a pastor until December 1, 2008.

Over the years, Union has been known for worshiping, praying, singing, preaching, and teaching the word of God.

Called to pastor Union on Dec 7, 2008, current minister,  Pastor Seth Williams,  came to Union with over twenty-three years of pastoral experience.  He formerly served as Senior Pastor of the Seven Star Baptist Church, Morning Star Baptist Church of Lincoln, Texas, St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church, Austin, Texas and Mt. Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, Riverside, California.  Minister Williams’s mission is to reach as many people with the good news of Jesus Christ as possible;  To become servants of God by serving each other; our church and our community; To become more Christ like seeking God’s directions by displaying God’s love and meditating and studying the word of God.  The church has seen many accomplishments which the initiation of the New Member Orientation instruction,  Youth Church, and various upgrades to the facility. The church is not credited for material things it has accomplished, but how the pastor and congregation reach out to save souls.  Many members have been added to the church. Union is still marching by faith to be a guiding light for the community…a church in the community for the community.

Comments are closed